I have lived in California since 2000, coming with the advent of the dot com bubble. And its been an adventure ever since. I have been involved in the Santa Clara community for many years, through my children’s schools, though PTA, being a volunteer at the Library, giving input to the school district and serving on a school bond committee. I enjoy being part of those communities, enjoy being informed about what is happening in our City, and see the many benefits that being part of an active community brings to all of us.
I have worked variously as dental assistant, check-out clerk, grocery worker, law clerk, cadet cartographer, governess and jillaroo, driver, cleaner, community college teacher, policy analyst, business analyst, data analyst, writer, close-out clerk, auditor, quality assurance officer, contractor, researcher, digitizer, web designer, personal historian and podcaster.
Currently I have my own business focused on helping people record their life stories. As a Personal Historian, I record interviews with clients, get them transcribed and write a book. I also digitize photos, slides and negatives which are frequently used in the book.
I work as an audio engineer to record interviews, edit them and post them as podcasts. My first podcast, Storyical, is about personal history where I interview personal historians about how they work, and authors about the experience of writing their memoirs.
I have a science degree, a graduate diploma in public policy, a graduate diploma in legal studies, a graduate diploma in information technology, and an Master of Business Administration from University of Technology, Sydney. I also attended De Anza College in Cupertino for a certificate in technical writing. Currently attending a bootcamp for Data Analytics and Visualization at Berkeley University Extension.
My Volunteering Life
I started volunteering at my children’s elementary school, and have served on PTA and parent boards for numerous years. And I am still volunteering. I am Treasurer to Play It Again Santa Clara, a non-profit that accepts all kinds of musical instruments and passes them onto students.
- Santa Clara City Library, RetroTech Scanning Team: May 2017 – Dec 2018
- Secretary, Santa Clara High School PTSA: July 2017 – June 2018
- Treasurer, Vice-President Santa Clara Unified Parents, Music Instrument Donation Program: 2015 – to date
- Member, SCUSD Bond Oversight Committee: 2015- 2017
- Director, (elected) and President Sky High Home Owners Association of Calaveras County: 2011-2017
- Treasurer, Buchser Middle School PTA: July 2012-June 2013
- Board Member, Washington Open Elementary School Parent Faculty Group: 2009 – 2014
- Yearbook Coordinator, Washington Open Elementary School: 2008 – 2015
- Photography Lead, Washington Open Elementary School drama production: 2009 – 2011
- Director, Las Madres Santa Clara 2003 Playgroup: 2004 – 2007
- Board Member (elected), Hang Gliding Federation of Australia: 1997-1998
- Board Member, Canberra and South East Region Environment Center: 1988-1990